Monday, September 17, 2012

The first few weeks

Many of you know of a few things about me (and if you don't know them about me, I assume you do and will see quickly through my experiences these are all attributes I posses)
1. I like to think I'm a very good multi-tasker, people always try and tell me I'm not-- I'm starting to believe them
2. I have a slight tendancy to be a bit disorganized
3. I procrastinate, but I always get it done in time, usually.
4. The phrase "I got it," usually means I don't got it.

My lovely husband is now the wonderful patient victim of my what my family calls "kristins"

Here are some of the things I learned so far:

I need to learn how to change a tire.
I popped a tire on my way to school the first day of school. Sergio asked me what happened and I said "I don't know." He says back to me "You don't know how you exploded a tire? no really how did you pop your tire? Really, I don't know. But I got a new tire

I learned that iPhones make horrible swimmers
I had decided it would be a good idea to do some laundry and wash the sheets, well what I failed to do was to take my phone out of the sheets before i washed them. Well I few minutes later I started searching for my phone. Really lets be honest here I spend a portion of everyday either looking for mine or Sergio's phone. Well, I couldn't find it. Sergio tried calling me and couldn't hear it. My stomach sunk. Yep, sure enough. Phone went swimming and didn't make it. Initially we tried to old set it in rice trick. Didn't work. Few days later got a new phone. So If I don't contact you its because I have no numbers.

Sergio doesn't like BBQ sauce
Sergio has been really good about me experimenting in the kitchen. I really enjoy cooking but I only know how to make the things that I grew up with. My sweet husband grew up with food completely different then me. He said before we got married "You can make whatever you want, just don't be offended if I put salsa on it." Every time I make something he smiles eats it and says, "Good job, my love." The only thing he said he didn't love was BBQ chicken pizza. I learned I have the sweetest husband ever. He cooks Mexican food when he wants and I get to enjoy that. Plus he's REALLY good at washing dishes. Thats why I let him have that privilege most of the time.

The more I learn the more that I love Sergio. I am so glad that Heavenly Father has given me such a sweet patient man that helps me learn how to go about doing this wife thing. I really am truly blessed and in the mean time I hope to entertain and amuse you all.



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! You speak the real woman's mind - we are all a little crazy. You are lucky that Sergio is so patient. I think Ronny has actually become more patient over the years, because in the beginning, I am fairly sure I just drove him absolutely nuts and he wasn't too shy about pointing out my oddities. :) Now he pretends like he's amused rather than just acting irritated, which at times is worse... I love being married and being a mom. It is the best growing experience... :)

    ReplyDelete